I think I’m getting to that age where I don’t want to remember what my age is. There’s so many things happening at the same time in my life that sometimes its difficult keeping up. Ok I lie, I can keep up.
Most children want to do many things when they grow up. I certainly wasn’t an exception. I went through many career desires as a kid, which included becoming an astronaut, a doctor, a professional tennis player, and a computer geek. I’m glad to say I achieved the last one by becoming a software developer.
However, there’s still so many things that go on in my mind and I often find myself juggling between many things, even while working. Even though my career is to be a software developer, I feel like I don’t want to be stuck doing only that for the rest of my life. I probably will do it for the “set myself up for retirement” part of my life, but I can’t help but feel that there is more in store.
I don’t know if I can call it a bucket list; its more things that I want to do that will play a significant role in my day-to-day life. Some of them include the following:
- Travelling – this includes seeing the Northern Lights, doing a cruise around Alaska, and hiking in the Alps and Himalayas
- Writing – something like a column in some big newspaper or news channel like the New York Times or CNN or The Travel Channel
- Becoming famous – God knows how, but no one can deny how cool acting is (though, I’m sure it will be short lived)
- Working in a big city like New York or London
- Working for Google or Amazon. For the record, I already had an interview with Amazon but I turned them down because I received an offer elsewhere, before I could go through their full hiring process. I’m sure I will cross paths with them again in the not too distant future!
All these things make me wonder if I’m the only one who still wants to do all these things at my age, or are they dreams only kids can have? Personally I think all are still doable. Ok, besides the acting part. I know that’s a little far-fetched. Yes, I am aiming high, but the sky is the limit, right?
When you visualize, then you materialize. If you’ve been there in the mind, you’ll go there in the body – Dr Denis Waitley