Today I saw a post on Facebook saying that there are only 70 days left until Oktoberfest starts and I realised that means that there’s only 71 days left until I leave for my trip. In the weeks since my last post, I’ve been consulting various sources to get ideas on which activities to take part in.
There are a lot of alternatives to the usual sight seeing that most people so, which is why I decided to make up a list of not only things that I’ve already booked, but also the ones that I don’t think anyone, including myself, should miss.
- Viktual Market
- Day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle
- BMW Museum, the Welt, and the Plant
- Sound of Music dinner and show
- Day trip to Hallstatt, including the Ice Caves
- Old Town
- Lammerklamm Gorge
- Stay at the Boat Hotel Matylda
- Prague on Segway tour
- Mirror Maze on Petřín Hill
- Wallenstein Palace Gardens
- Hot Rod City Tour
- Legoland Berlin
- Third Reich Tour
- Day trip to Dresden
- Watch a movie at Freiluftkino
My research is far from over, but the last thing I want to do is over plan. A friend taught me that planning too much in advance makes things become like a routine, and then you’re just living a typical, normal life anyway. Some things need to be left for the last minute. After all, that’s where a lot of the excitement of a holiday is!